The Night Forum
From 5:30 until 6:30
The exhibition hall will host a drinks and networking reception, featuring our Arts and Wellbeing stage, with local music and dance performances.
From 7:00 until 9:00
There will be four venues simultaneously hosting informal presentations, country-hosted spaces, entertainment, movie screenings, quality improvement activities and more. See the list of planned activities:
The Great Debate: YOU decide the topic and which team wins – The Auditorium at Excel
As a special feature of the Night Forum, we are hosting a formal debate. A cast of well-known healthcare leaders will argue for and against the motion. They won’t get a lot of time to prepare: the topic for the debate will be “crowdsourced” with the participants of the international Forum earlier in the day. During the debate session, the audience will get the chance to vote before and after the argument. YOU decide which team wins.
After the debate, participants will be able to:
- Understand the arguments for and against a key topic of interest to the healthcare improvement community
- Have experienced a dynamic, dramatic debate, with the right to rebuttal, argued from the head and the heart
- Draw their own conclusions about the topic
Team for the motion (Britain)
- Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director, NHS Scotland
- Suzie Bailey, Director of Leadership and Quality Improvement, NHS Improvement, England
Team against the motion (North America)
- Don Goldmann, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, USA
- Christina Krause, Executive Director, British Columbia Patient Safety and Quality Council, Canada
Chair: Helen Bevan, Chief Transformation Officer, Horizons team, NHS in England
QI cinema – The Auditorium at The Crystal
Organisations from around the world showcase their QI projects in short films, with opportunity for Q and A with some of the film makers themselves after the showing
Country hosted zones – The Fox
Meet some of our friends from our around the globe, as they tell us about what’s new in QI in their countries and give you a flavour of the landscape where they are through short soapbox presentations.
An audience with… – The Restaurant at The Crystal
Meet with some of our top speakers and get your questions answered in our small group Q and A sessions