M5: Capacity and Capability. Large Scale Collaboratives in Maternity- A Global Perspective
This session will examine national collaboratives for QI in maternity services, using data to develop safe systems to improve impact of measurable patient outcomes.
Programmes to be discussed will include:
• OBS Cymru/MCQIC- a programme for reducing harm from Postpartum haemorrhage in Wales shared as a collaboration with Scotland.
• Saving Babies Lives- reducing stillbirth rates in England
• Maternal Mortality in Malawi
• PROMPT Australia
• Collaborative design and methodology
• Developing capacity and capability
Delegates will gain an overview of international approaches to QI in maternity services.
After this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the complexity of establishing multidisciplinary collaboratives, underpinned with metrics and measurement strategy
2. Understand global perspective on approaches to perinatal quality and safety, with opportunities to take this learning and apply it locally
3. Create capacity and capability to upscale local programmes in order to share learning and minimise variation in outcomes and patient experience
Kathryn Greaves, Senior Improvement Manager, 1000 Lives Improvement Service; Wales
Elinore Macgillivray, Senior Improvement Manager, 1000 Lives Improvement Service; Wales