X1: Experience Day 1: Malaysia Healthcare Experience Visits
Malaysia has an efficient and widespread healthcare system comprising both a government run universal model and a co-existing private healthcare system. On this experience day you’ll have the opportunity to visit one of the Klang Valley’s (in which Kuala Lumpur is situated) busiest public hospitals to hear from the staff about their challenges and quality improvement initiatives. You will also visit a large private healthcare tertiary hospital to view the facilities and meet senior leaders. At the start of the day we will also provide a briefing and Q&A session on the Malaysia healthcare model to put the visits in context.
During the experience day you will:
- Understand more about the Malaysian health system and care model
- Visit two hospitals and meet leaders from the public and private systems
- Learn about improvement initiatives and network with peers from many countries
- 08.30-09.30 (1 hour): Travel from KLCC to Sunway Medical Centre
- 09.30.12.00 (2 hours 30 mins): Sunway Medical Centre
- 12.00-12.45 (45 mins travel): Travel from Sunway Medical Centre to Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang
- 12.45-13.30 (45 mins): Lunch at the Royal Klang Club
- 13.30-16.30 (3 hours): Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang
- 16.30-18.00 (1 hour 20 mins): Travel from Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang to KLCC
Please click here to view more information about the hospitals and the programme.