The International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare
The International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare has a rich history of supporting and energising the international movement for healthcare improvement by connecting healthcare leaders and practitioners worldwide to improve outcomes for patients and communities.
From 300 people meeting in London in 1996 to over 4400 people collectively attending the International Forum events every year now, the conference has become the place to hear and meet some of the world’s brightest minds and to forge relationships that drive improvement and innovation in communities across the world. Attended by over 3250 delegates, the spring leg of the event is now one of the largest conferences for healthcare professionals committed to improving patient care and safety.
In 2020 the International Forum will celebrate 25 years of inspiring healthcare improvement throughout the world.
The New International Forum in New Delhi
The International Forum in New Delhi is a new premium event that will inspire and energise the movement for healthcare improvement in South Asia.
The conference gives healthcare professionals a chance to hear internationally recognised keynotes and it brings the best of international learning, high quality training and education in quality improvement to the region.
The conference programme has been developed in close partnership with regional strategic partners to ensure that it addresses local needs. See the programme.
Another big focus of the event is to increase the awareness of the improvement work that is happening in the region. This will be done via the poster displays and abstract presentations, the programme and the BMJ Awards South Asia which will mark the start of the International Forum with a glamorous celebration of excellence in healthcare.
Celebrating excellence in healthcare
The International Forum in New Delhi is the new home of the BMJ Awards South Asia.
The BMJ Awards South Asia represents our desire to recognise excellence in healthcare by felicitating individuals and teams that have demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the practice of medicine in the South Asia region.
Join India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Maldives, Afghanistan as they celebrate Excellence in Healthcare!
The awards ceremony will take place on the evening before the International Forum – Friday, 3 July 2020. Entries are now open, find out more here.
What to expect at the International Forum
With a two-day programme which includes keynote speakers, breakout sessions and special events, International Forum New Delhi 2020 will empower and encourage active involvement in shaping the future of healthcare.
Throughout the conference, connect and learn from projects and experiences from around the world:
- Keynote presentations – get inspired by hearing from leading figures in the global Quality Improvement movement
- Breakout sessions – explore some of the key questions in quality improvement with our expert speakers, and get practical advice on how you can make changes in your own organisation
- Networking – connecting the like-minded is a key part of the International Forum experience, where international relationships are forged. In addition to defined networking areas and chaired discussions, we offer social activities to help delegates connect, share experiences and learn from their peers.
- Poster Displays – find the next idea or answer to an existing challenge on one of over 200 posters displayed. Grouped into topic areas, presenters will be on hand to speak about their experiences, offer tips and inspire improvement work back at their organisation.
Example topics planned for New Delhi 2020
- Improving patient safety
- Tackling the improvement burden of NCDs
- Improving the quality of rural health
- Challenges in delivering universal healthcare coverage
- Accreditation and credentialing
- Leading effective change
- Technology and innovation for improvement
- Global lessons for better healthcare quality
- Leadership of large healthcare systems
- Person-centred healthcare
- Patient partnership and empowerment
- Human factors
- Disaster preparedness
- Improving care for ageing patients
International Forum Organisers
This event is jointly organised by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and BMJ. The ambition of both organisations is to improve healthcare and outcomes for patients and communities. The International Forum is sustained by an international network of quality improvement organisations and leaders.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide.
BMJ is one of the leading healthcare knowledge providers in the world.
The International Forum has as its mission to support the movement for healthcare improvement. It aims to improve outcomes for patients and communities, provide practical ideas that can be implemented in the workplace, promote research into quality and safety improvement, foster effective innovation, and connect healthcare leaders and practitioners worldwide.
- Improve outcomes for patients and communities
- Provide practical ideas that can be implemented in the workplace
- Build coalitions to inspire understanding between healthcare organisations
- Foster effective innovation
- Promote research into quality and safety improvement
- Gather the evidence needed to support local improvement
- Connect healthcare leaders and practitioners worldwide
- Translate concern about the quality and safety of care into effective action