Secure a poster display in Taipei 2019
Let the work you do inspire! Our poster displays are hugely popular. They are a valuable opportunity to tell over 1,500 colleagues and experts from over 35 countries, who attend the International Forum every year, about your improvement and safety projects and to help others learn from your strategies and experiences. Every year we have hundreds of displays demonstrating a wide range of improvement and safety projects implemented in local, national or global settings.
We encourage you to share your achievements and contribute with your work and ideas to improving healthcare worldwide.
Poster guidelines will be published shortly.
Benefits of displaying a poster
By securing a poster display, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get your abstract included in the International Forum Conference Proceedings – read more below and see our Conference Proceedings from Melbourne 2018.
- Have the opportunity to present an oral presentation on our Poster Stage – more details to follow
- Receive a certificate of acknowledgment for presenting your poster
- Produce a video poster that will be showed at the International Forum and on our YouTube Channel
- Showcase your achievements to key international opinion leaders and colleagues from around the world
- Demonstrate ideas that work and can be adapted by others
- Start conversations and collaborations with teams worldwide
- Communicate your organisation’s work and share successes
- Build your profile by displaying your work at a prestigious international event
- Influence outcomes on a global scale
Your poster will be displayed by the topic or theme you select during the abstract submission process. We have seven topics that you can submit to:
- Building Capability and Leadership
- Population and Public Health
- Person and Family-Centred Care
- Quality, Cost, Value
- Improvement Science and Research – read more below
- Work in progress – read more below
The Work in Progress poster topic
Our Work in Progress poster topic has been receiving a high level of interest at recent International Forums.
If you have any improvement work in progress, you can now showcase the preliminary results of your project at the International Forum by submitting to the topic Work in Progress. In this poster theme, you can present your initial assessment of the problem, the methodology and design of the project and the current stage the work is at. You can present your anticipated outcomes, your preliminary findings, and the challenges or obstacles you have encountered to date.
In this poster theme, you can present your initial assessment of the problem, the methodology and design of the project and the current stage the work is at. You can present your anticipated outcomes, your preliminary findings, and the challenges or obstacles you have encountered to date.
Your submission will still be peer reviewed, but acknowledged for the stage of completion you are currently at. During the International Forum, same as with all other poster topics, you will have the opportunity to present your improvement project in progress – this is a good opportunity to seek guidance, and inspiration from your peers.
The Improvement Science and Research poster topic
If your abstract presents the application of scientific methods for healthcare improvement, please submit it to the Improvement Science and Research poster topic.
Abstracts submitted to this topic would be focused on results of studies that apply innovation, testing, or implementation to improve health or healthcare at a local, regional, or national scale. We are interested in hearing about studies or reports that use evaluation designs appropriate for quality improvement – including analytic, time-series, statistical process control, qualitative, and mixed-method studies.
All notifications will be sent out in June 2019. Please note the email address that you supply in the Submitter Details page will be the email address used to correspond the results of your submission. If you change email addresses during this time, please let us know so we can update the system.
The Conference Proceedings
You will have the opportunity to opt in to have your abstract included in the International Forum Conference Proceedings.
The Conference Proceedings is a collection of the abstracts which will be displayed as posters in Taipei 2019. In order to feature in the Conference Proceedings, all authors with accepted abstracts must agree to the inclusion of their abstract in the Conference Proceedings and must register to display their poster during the conference.
Distribution of the Conference Proceedings:
- Email PDF to all attendees of the International Forum
- Publish PDF on the International Forum website and communicate via social media
- Include PDF in marketing emails and other marketing communications as required to promote future Forums.