The International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare
For over 25 years, the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare has been the place for healthcare professionals to connect, share learning and discuss effective approaches to quality and safety improvement. Jointly organised by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and BMJ, the conference is one of the largest international events of its kind.
At the International Forum, we inform and inspire healthcare leaders, practitioners and consumers towards a better, safer and higher quality of care. As an attendee, you will advance your learning of quality improvement methodologies as well as share, and deliberate, ideas that can improve outcomes for your consumers and communities.
The International Forum in Melbourne will focus on the key themes in health and care in Oceania while bringing in perspectives and knowledge from around the world.
Our focus in Melbourne: People powered change
Our conference theme at the International Forum in Melbourne is People powered change – a healthier life, a fairer system, a sustainable future.
This year’s Melbourne programme will show how transforming healthcare is only possible when everyone comes together to power change.
- Learn how to involve, inspire, and innovate across borders and organisations
- Explore how senior leaders can support people, places, and systems to mobilise for change
- Learn how to equip people closest to the issues to develop capability for sustainable, spreadable innovation
- Create lasting improvements suited to the needs of everyone’s lives now and in the future.
Registration will open shortly.
Why join the quality improvement movement
Once again IHI and BMJ will bring their combined experience and expertise to deliver an inspiring conference for those passionate about improving outcomes for their patients and communities.
Over three days in 2023, we will share expertise and inspiration for creating meaningful change in practices and organisations across the region. We will be hosting discussions and informative sessions delivered by the most inspirational experts in quality improvement and patient safety.
Join the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare to:
- Embrace new ideas and perspectives to accelerate your progress
- Gain practical knowledge on using improvement methods for overcoming challenges
- Connect with like-minded colleagues to share experiences and improvement approaches, learn from innovative projects, and start collaborations
- Show your work to share learning, make connections and improve the visibility of good projects
- Get energised, inspired and ready to tackle the challenges ahead of you
- Get the latest research into quality and safety improvement
Sign up to hear from us
Dates for your diary
We will be making more information available about the conference, the programme and activities that you could expect in Melbourne over the next few months.
In the meantime, here are some dates to be aware of.
Call for Speakers – closed on 15 March 2023
Call for Posters – now open until 14 June 2023
Registration – opens in March 2023
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the First Peoples throughout Victoria and their ongoing connection to the land and waters. We pay our respects to their culture, knowledge and Elders past and present.