International Forum on Quality & Safety in Healthcare
In Partnership with Patients
Now in its 20th year, the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare is an annual gathering of professionals in quality improvement and patient safety. Over four inspirational days in London, 21 - 24 April 2015, the International Forum will again connect over 3,000 healthcare leaders and practitioners worldwide and provide a setting for them to meet, learn, share local knowledge and recognise accomplishments in improving quality and safety for patients and communities across the world.
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal
We are pleased to announce that Buckingham Palace has confirmed the attendance of HRH The Princess Royal, at the 2015 International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the event.
Synopsis of Policy Day at London 2015
Read what was discussed and what next steps were set at the fist ever Policy Day at the International Forum. Sponsored by The Health Foundation, the Day saw representatives from over 25 countries focus on how policy makers set national priorities for improvement.
Watch the International Forum live from London
Selected presentations on the main stage (Wednesday 22 April – Friday 24 April) will be streamed live. The broadcast is publicly available and streaming starts on Wednesday at 0900 BST, with the Welcome and Opening of the Forum followed by the first keynote of the event commencing at 0915 BST.
International Forum Programme
Over 200 international speakers and leading quality improvement experts will share practical lessons and the latest thinking on achieving organisational and cultural transformation for the delivery of sustainable and better patient care.
A snapshot of our programme highlights include:
- Focus on improving public health, policy and strategy development, and implementation
- Looking at developments in medical technologies and the impact of technology innovations on health and healthcare
- Helping you with change management - more support for leaders and managers to design new systems, implement change and engage with workforce on a large scale
- More on patient safety and involving patients in the decision-making process - meet our new Patient Panel who will be onsite in London to present the patient perspective on improving care
- New series of Full Day Courses challenging a more advanced improvement thinking, including a new Policy Day for senior leaders
Speakers for London 2015
We have an exciting schedule of speakers, sessions and activities planned for London 2015. Some of our confirmed keynote and headline speakers include:
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England: Vision for the future: NHS England
- Maureen Bisognano, President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI): Inspiring a new generation of healthcare improvers
- Alfred Biehler, Google Head of Customer Advocacy: What can healthcare learn from Google's global innovation and customer-centric approaches
- Professor David Heymann, Chair of Public Health England, Head of the Centre on Global Health Security at Chatham House, London and Professor of Infectious Disease, UK: Ebola: the Global Impact
- Celine Schillinger, Head, Innovation and Engagement, Sanofi Pasteur Quality, USA; French Woman of the Year 2013; Charter Member, Change Agents Worldwide: Quality Mindset: Health & Care Radicals Inspiring Industrial Quality Improvement
- Donald M. Berwick, MD, MPP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement; Former Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Old Myths and New Designs: The New Simple Rules for Health Systems
Interested in Implementation Science?
“Implementation Science” is an increasingly hot topic for those who are interested in understanding what it takes to close the gap between what we know from clinical evidence, and what we are actually doing to improve health and care for populations and patients. The HSG Working group on Quality contributes to this discussion and will host a workshop on “Evaluation Designs for Quality Improvement Practice and Research” in London on Monday, 20 April 2015, from 8.30am to 12.30pm at the Institute for Child Health, University College London. The meeting will be a satellite event of the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare.
Healthcare improvement and patient safety content from BMJ
BMJ has extensive resources to support healthcare improvement and patient safety. During April 2015, specially selected content from BMJ will be free to access. Content includes articles, blogs, videos and more.
Need to brush up on your improvement basics?
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement, co-organiser of the International Forum, invites you to begin your journey in quality improvement with the Open School. The IHI Open School is an interprofessional educational community that gives students, faculty, and professionals the skills they need to become change agents in healthcare improvement and patient safety. Sample the Open School’s growing online catalogue with a free course: QI 102:The Model for Improvement: Your Engine for Change.
New Forum announced!
We are launching a new Forum in Asia to mark a key milestone in the history of the International Forum - 20 years of supporting and inspiring the movement for healthcare improvement. The new International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare: Asia will address regional needs as well as bring the best of international learning to the region. To be developed in close partnership with regional strategic partners, International Forum: Asia will continue the work of the International Forum in improving healthcare and outcomes for patients and communities.
Read more about International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare: Asia.