International Forum on Quality & Safety in Healthcare
In Partnership with Patients
Now in its 20th year, the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare is an annual gathering of professionals in quality improvement and patient safety. Over four inspirational days in London, 21 - 24 April 2015, the International Forum will again connect over 3,000 healthcare leaders and practitioners worldwide and provide a setting for them to meet, learn, share local knowledge and recognise accomplishments in improving quality and safety for patients and communities across the world.
Join the global healthcare improvement movement in London!
The 20th International Forum aims to empower and encourage all participants to be actively involved in shaping the future of healthcare. Join us in London to get inspired, embrace fresh ideas and start lasting collaborations. Check our.
The International Forum has been approved for a total of 24 CPD credits by the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) in England.
International Forum Programme
Over 200 international speakers and leading quality improvement experts will share practical lessons and the latest thinking on achieving organisational and cultural transformation for the delivery of sustainable and better patient care.
A snapshot of our programme highlights include:
- Focus on improving public health, policy and strategy development, and implementation
- Looking at developments in medical technologies and the impact of technology innovations on health and healthcare
- Helping you with change management - more support for leaders and managers to design new systems, implement change and engage with workforce on a large scale
- More on patient safety and involving patients in the decision-making process - meet our new Patient Panel who will be onsite in London to present the patient perspective on improving care
- New series of Full Day Courses challenging a more advanced improvement thinking, including a new Policy Day for senior leaders
There are a limited number of registration places for full-time students to attend the International Forum for the three main event days (Wednesday 22 – Friday 24 April 2015). Students can also submit storyboards for display in the main poster area.
Speakers for London 2015
We have an exciting schedule of speakers, sessions and activities planned for London 2015. Some of our confirmed keynote and headline speakers include:
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England: NHS in England: Rising to the challenge
- Maureen Bisognano, President and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI): Inspiring a new generation of healthcare improvers
- Alfred Biehler, Google Head of Customer Advocacy: What can healthcare learn from Google's global innovation and customer-centric approaches
- Professor David Heymann, Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine; Head of the Centre on Global Health Security at Chatham House, London; Chairman of Public Health England: Ebola: the Global Impact
- Celine Schillinger, French Woman of the Year 2013; Charter Member, Change Agents Worldwide: Social Re-engineering of Business & Organizations
- Don Berwick, MD, MPP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement; Former Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Interested in Implementation Science?
“Implementation Science” is an increasingly hot topic for those who are interested in understanding what it takes to close the gap between what we know from clinical evidence, and what we are actually doing to improve health and care for populations and patients. The HSG Working group on Quality contributes to this discussion and will host a workshop on “Evaluation Designs for Quality Improvement Practice and Research” in London on Monday, 20 April 2015, from 8.30am to 12.30pm at the Institute for Child Health, University College London. The meeting will be a satellite event of the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare.
Need to brush up on your improvement basics?
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement, co-organiser of the International Forum, invites you to begin your journey in quality improvement with the Open School. The IHI Open School is an interprofessional educational community that gives students, faculty, and professionals the skills they need to become change agents in healthcare improvement and patient safety. Sample the Open School’s growing online catalogue with a free course: QI 102:The Model for Improvement: Your Engine for Change.
New Forum announced!
We are launching a new Forum in Asia to mark a key milestone in the history of the International Forum - 20 years of supporting and inspiring the movement for healthcare improvement. The new International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare: Asia will address regional needs as well as bring the best of international learning to the region. To be developed in close partnership with regional strategic partners, International Forum: Asia will continue the work of the International Forum in improving healthcare and outcomes for patients and communities.
Read more about International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare: Asia.