Who should attend?
We welcome attendees from all health and care sectors and specialties, as well as patients, family members and service users. Our attendees include students, doctors, nurses, managers, service directors, Quality Improvement (QI) specialists, patients, public health specialists and C-suite. If you are passionate about improving outcomes for patients and communities, we would love you to join us.
We have content to suit all levels of experience, whether you are new to quality improvement or an established practitioner.
The programme theme
Our programme theme in Sydney is New horizons: Quality improvement shaping the future.
It’s time to come together and collaborate. We invite you to share your passion and your ideas with a global community like no other, to rebuild old connections and make new ones.
After two years of connecting remotely, the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare Sydney 2022 will unite healthcare professionals and consumers from across Australasia to design new ways of delivering care.
The key topics that we will address
Some of the key questions we will be asking in Sydney are:
- We saw improvement and transformation happening at an extraordinary scale and pace during the pandemic. How can we harness the opportunity to create more agile systems that combine rapid evidence-generation with clinician expertise?
- What does true co-production with our consumers look like, and how can we make sure that consumers remain at the heart of everything we do?
- With budgets set to tighten as a result of covid-19, how can we use quality improvement approaches to reduce cost and improve efficiency without compromising patient care?
- How can we achieve health equity for all, including working more effectively with rural and indigenous communities to improve outcomes?
- Where can we make changes to our systems and workforce so that the best care is delivered in the best place at the right time?
- As we emerge from this pandemic, how can we build safer and fairer systems of care for the future?
We are proud to partner with consumers in both the design and delivery of our conference and are looking forward to hosting a range of activities that represent consumer voices across the three days of the event.
We are delighted to offer a limited number of funded places for patients/consumers, carers and service users to join us at the International Forum. Find out more and apply.