Who should attend?
We welcome attendees from all health and care sectors and specialties, as well as patients, family members and service users. Our attendees include students, doctors, nurses, managers, service directors, Quality Improvement (QI) specialists, patients, public health specialists and C-suite. If you are passionate about improving outcomes for patients and communities, we would love you to join us.
We have content to suit all levels of experience, whether you are new to quality improvement or an established practitioner.
Our theme for 2021: Reconnect and Rebuild
Reconnect: After a year of unprecedented stress on health and care workers, we will offer opportunities to connect with colleagues from across the globe, share experiences and offer peer support to those who have been at the frontline of the crisis.
Rebuild: As vaccine roll outs begin to show green shoots of hope, we will look to the inspirational examples of innovative systems and approaches that have emerged, and consider how we build back better, stronger and fairer systems.
Programme topics to be covered
Some of the key discussions we will be exploring in 2021 include:
- How can we support the wellbeing and recovery of our health and care workforce post-covid?
- How can we learn from innovation in times of crisis, and what does QI look like in the new normal?
- How can we build fairer systems to tackle inequalities in healthcare access and outcomes?
- What does patient partnership, involvement and leadership look like in the post-covid world?
Our programme streams:
- Quality Cost, Value
- Population and Public Health
- Person and Family Centered Care
- Improvement methods
- Building Capability and Leadership
A year of quality improvement
This year we are bringing our International Forums together into one collective movement, so we can learn from colleagues in different regions across the globe. We’ll have streams of content and conversations that span the full event, as well as allowing each regional event to discuss the specific challenges and opportunities they are facing.
Join us for one or more of our regional virtual conferences, and keep an eye out for our free video recordings in between. These could be found on our page with resources.
What to expect at our virtual events
- Expert speakers and influencers: Hear from global leaders in health and care, as well as experiences from other industries, as we look ahead to what the post-COVID world will bring.
- New session formats: We will have a range of abstract presentations, deep dive workshops, huddles, discussion groups, big picture keynotes and fun activities to choose from, all accessible virtually.
- Communities of purpose: Unite with others who share your passion, share your thoughts on the key issues of the day, and engage with others in real time across the world. We will also have brand new 1:1 meetings with QI experts so you can get help and advice on your latest project.
- Flexible participation: Our virtual conferences are designed so you can drop in and out around your busy schedule, and all content is available for 12 months afterwards so you can catch up on anything that you have missed.
Make the most out of the programme
You can learn through live lectures and workshops, watch on-demand content, get advice on your projects, browse through hundreds of other projects displayed as ePosters and establish connections with colleagues or organisations with common interests or insightful solutions.
You can drop-in and out of sessions as we will provide recordings of all live content so you can catch up in your own time.
- Over 48 live sessions per event
- All content available for 12 months afterwards
- Interactive poster gallery, and rapid fire poster presentations
- 1:1 mentor meetings with QI experts to advise on your projects
Programme timings for Australasia 2021 are in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), GMT+10.